Saturday, August 3, 2013

Pearly Whites

Finally found my teeth whitening procedure photos on my mobile phone! It's funny that I took them more than a year ago but found time to blog about them only now.

As I said in my previous post, got this promo from Metrodeal for only P1,500. And I don't mind having them again after my braces were removed.

I had my teeth whitening procedure at Echano Dental Clinic last year. They have branches in Alabang and Ortigas.

Here are the photos. Please excuse my flat bulbous nose..

Yellowish teeth. Prepping for the procedure.

The blue coating is for protecting the gums

Laser after applying the whitening solution on my upper and lower front teeth

Left sample shows the original shade of my teeth

Post teeth whitening; night before OD
On the other note, teeth whitening causes sensitivity to your pearly whites during and 24 to 48 hours after the procedure. Especially when you expose your teeth to something too cold or hot and even to wind/ air. But the sensitivity will only lasts for 1-2 days.

Diet for two days would be anything that wouldn't stain a white shirt. So eat plain and not too stainy foods to make it last. This includes rice, vanilla ice cream, milk. Among the No-No's are green veggies, cheese, pumpkin, BBQ sauce, tomatoes, etc. Also, do not brush your teeth for a day. Gargle salt diluted in lukewarm water instead. Don't worry, it's just for a day. ;)

Aside from the sensitivity, I didn't experience any side effects caused by teeth whitening. Just a tip, if you're a coffee lover, drink water right after you drink to wash away the stain. And as much as possible avoid black/ dark or brewed tea and coffee. But if you cant' resist, brushing your teeth three times a day will sure help! :)

Note: Tips found in this article are based on my own opinion and experience. You may get professional advice from your dentist if you plan to undergo this procedure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! :)