Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Taking Care of my Hair

I’d be honest that I wasn’t as meticulous at all as any beauty-enthusiasts were about the look and texture of my hair before. So you can imagine how frizzy and dry my hair was in the past. I’m just glad I became, still not too meticulous but, more careful about how my hair would look and feel. And I’m happier that it has greatly improved compared to how it looks before.

Ever since I decided to look my best everyday and have it better as days pass by, I started to take care of my skin, face, body and hair. I researched (as I always do) how I can take care of my hair and how I can undo the damages my poor habits have caused. So, I’ve learned not to shampoo everyday because shampooing takes the moisture out of your hair (which I still do ONLY at times when I had to ride a jeepney for transportation the day before and I know dusts and pollution had accumulated on my hair) and also, conditioning your hair so it gets soft and more manageable all day. I’ve also learned to let my hair down more often so it can breathe easily hence, causing less damage. These steps truly helped improve my hair’s texture and look.

Okay. It was just recently that I did this new hair regime (I’m a late bloomer, I know) and I’ve lived out 24 years of my life doing those bad hair habits of mine. Imagine 24 years of your life with dry and frizzy hair. Of course the damage gets worse as time goes by. And yes, I do admit that I’ve lived with the habits of tying my hair up while it’s damp, not brushing my hair all the time, not using any conditioner to set or soften it up (which is needed in a very dry and hot country) and, not skipping any day to shampoo my hair. I did all that because I think all that I need to look good is to have a good bath with a shampoo and soap. That was all because of ignorance and a lack of desire to change.

So, ever since I had some changes in my beauty routine, I noticed good changes in my hair and look too. My hair is not that dry anymore and the frizz is almost gone too. Al I did was shampoo every other day and use conditioner every other day too. Of course, I don’t tie my hair up so often and I just let it down and free most of the time. I also bought a nice goody brush to take care of my plumpy, straight, black hair. J


Enough of the introduction… As I was saying, since I am on to a beautiful hair project and my husband being aware of it, he bought me these two giant shampoos (hair conditioning lacking). One was a big pump bottle of Yuko Yamashita’s Sunsilk Co-creation shampoo. It was a keratin yogurt nutria-complex shampoo that makes hair smooth and manageable. According to the manufacturer, this shampoo cleanses and smoothens your hair but can give best result with a nourishing conditioner from the Smooth and Manageable range of Sunsilk too. I know it’s part of their marketing strategy to make you buy the whole set but I think I’m gonna try their conditioner too. So there’s my giant Sunsilk Co-creation shampoo, thanks to hubby. J


Aside from the Sunsilk shampoo, hubby also bought me Loreal’s Total Repair 5 repairing shampoo, look at how TV advertising affects my husband’s mind. He actually bought them without me knowing. He just thought that maybe, they could help me beautify my hair, as I’ve been telling him lately how I’ve damaged my hair so much and, etcetera, etcetera… How sweet of him to buy me these giants. It was actually the first time that I had giant shampoos of my own because as I’ve told you in my about me page, I grew up with 7 handsome siblings and I always share shampoos with them. I guess I got my poor beauty habits from them too. (hihi)


Back to Loreal’s Total Repair 5 shampoo, I started using it this week and so far, my hair feels better. Will still continue using it every other day and let’s see if it will really undo the damages on my hair. The manufacturer claims that this shampoo can combat the signs of damaged hair such as: 1.) Breakage; 2.) Dryness; 3.) Dullness; 4.) Coarseness; and 5.) Split-ends. And that day after day, they can combat those with 1 solution for hair to become: 1.) Stronger, 2.) Nourished, 3.) Shinier, 4.) Smoother 5.) Less Split-Ends. J


Anyways, I have a giveaway contest right now. You can join my blog's giveaway by clicking on this link: http://kikaymorena.blogspot.com/2011/03/contest-survey.html


Lots of love,



4 comments:

  1. My mum has good skin. So I just briefly took one of her SKII(www.geocities.jp/hongkong_skii/index_e.htm) to use, which I assume is a moisturizer. It's good man I tell you! She gave me a small bottle of eye cream before but the effects weren't that great and I stopped using. But my mum's moisturizer is good! I can feel it reacting once I applied it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip! Will definitely check SKII out. Hope it's available here in the Philippines. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Because of some videos on YouTube, I have also become super super conscious about my skincare routine! I know how this feels!

    Can you do a review on the shampoo, if possible?

    Thank you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay Michelle! Will do a review about it after a few weeks of using it :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! :)