Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Hope never disappoints

Is expecting same as hoping?

I'm trying to figure this out. I even discussed it with my husband and asked what he thinks about hoping and expecting. He straightened my curiosity and gave his answers, and he was right.
Such hope never disappoints or deludes or shames us, for God's love has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit Who has been given to us. (Romans 5:5, AMP)
In the world, we tend to expect results from people, from preparations, from education and from ourselves -- these are expectations. Nothing is wrong with that but expectations based on these disappoints. People fail, preparations fall short, education may not sustain and most especially, I [alone] cannot do things right. Expectations based on other things than God disappoints...
 Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us. (Romans 5:5, NKJV)
But when we put the expectations we have to God [He who can make impossible things possible], when we put our trust and hope to Him who can do great and unimaginable things, then, HOPE or EXPECTATION does not disappoint.
God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us. (Ephesians 3:20, MSG)
He works by working within us. He works without us seeing. He works beyond our thoughts and imagination.
Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, (Ephesians 3:20, NKJV)
Hope in Him DOES NOT DISAPPOINT....
I may give up hoping and expecting from other people and myself but I WILL NEVER STOP HOPING FROM HIM. I will never stop hoping in God! Hope in Him DOES NOT DISAPPOINT!


Your Kikay Morena,
Joanne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! :)