Friday, January 21, 2011

Correct Choice of Eye Makeup

I recently blogged about the time I attended CAS workshop with MAC. What I particularly liked while I'm there was, the neutral MAC eyeshadows applied on me. It was one of the reasons why I went there, to know the right eye makeup for corporate look and job applications. So, the workshop somehow met it's purpose. To give us visuals, here's a photo of me (again) during the workshop...
Very close up look (hope it's not annoying o_O)
However, these MAC eye shadows are too expensive (they're like around P900/ pot). Since I don't want to spend so much money for an e/s pot, I decided to find an alternative e/s with the same shade from my all-time favorite mineral brand, Ellana.

I went and checked Ellana's multipurpose powder samples at SM Makati to see which shade may be the best alternative for MAC's Matte Wedge and the pale pink eye shadow included in a MAC e/s set. Then, I saw Honeybunch (pale brownish peach frost) and Beloved (mid-tone chocolate brown). Honeybunch is a good base. It's frost is subtle which, is enough to work out as a very flattering base. On the other hand, Beloved is a matte, mid-tone brown shade, perfect for shadowing and contouring. Beloved gives a neutral look that is very suitable for a corporate look. :)
Honeybunch
Honeybunch
Beloved
Beloved
I'm glad that I chose the right eye shadow shades and I'm glad that I bought them from Ellana. They are called multipurpose powders because the brown shades can be used to contour the nose, shade the brows and many more while, the lighter shades, for highlighting! :)

These two pots cost me P260.00 only (P130/pot)! The price is indeed very cheap for a mineral makeup. :)

I used these two multipurpose eyeshadows immediately and this is how it looked on my eyes:
Honeybunch as base
and
Beloved as shadow
(Will take another photo of this again with a heavier mineral e/s application)
Till next time!


Your Kikay Morena,
Joanne 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! :)