Friday, January 21, 2011

Meditate on these things...

I've always known how meditating is important for us to have peace of mind but, just last night, I was able to comprehend deeply what God meant when He said, "Meditate on it..."
Summing it all up, friends, I'd say you'll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious—the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse. (Philippians 4:8, MSG)
I thought I am already meditating until this came to me last night. Then, I realized, I wasn't meditating correctly at all. I wasn't meditating on things that are best, beautiful and to praise...
Dream house from canstockphoto
My being too preoccupied of my dreams isn't meditating on what is best, beautiful and to be praised because  they sometimes give me anxiety, get me nervous and make me unsure of what will happen in the future. Then, God reminded me, the best, beautiful and things to be praised are what's written in Jeremiah 29:11.
"I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for..." (Jer. 29:11, MSG)
This has always been my favorite verse but I wasn't aware of it's real meaning until God explained it to me. I also wasn't aware that I really am not believing and meditating until God showed me the first verse stated, (Philippians 4:8). Though I know these verses already, they have not made this impact to me before the way they had today.
Whatever is beautiful, not ugly, best and not worst, to praise and not to curse, MEDITATE ON THESE THINGS...
I believe my dreams and hopes aren't there to make me anxious or unsure. They are there to remind me that ONLY GOD HAS THE BEST FUTURE FOR ME. I tend to settle on what I believe is best for me and forget, "GOD KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING and HE HAS IT ALL PLANNED OUT...". But the truth of these words remain...
Weightless by Ryan Mellody
All of these tells me that even if I'm not able to reach my pictured dreams, God still has the best plans for me-- plans to take care of me and not to harm me, plans to give me the future I hope for.

I love it! I love His words. Nothing comforts me more than His word. His words truly give hope and life that will never disappoint. I know He holds my life and my future. Amen and amen. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! :)