Saturday, January 15, 2011

Makeup Workshop with MAC :)

I woke up 9am today to prepare for CAS' 4-hour workshop with MAC. I was able to arrive at CAS' place in 2/F Franck Provost Building, 120 Jupiter St. Makati 5 minutes before one o'clock. We waited 15 minutes until all the 16 students arrive. But since many followed the Filipino time, 15 minutes passed and still, not all the enrolled students are there. I also made friends with a few while at the workshop. :)

A new friend, Joan and Joanne (Me)
Me and Gayle (Instructor)
Me and MAC's MUA, Zeldy

Aside from them, I also met Ms. Monina, a kikay mom of two Lasallita girls. Nakakatuwa sya, she practice her skills sa mga anak nya and what proved the truthfulness of her story, pumunta pa yung daughter nya sa CAS para magpa-makeup sa kanya. May party yatang pupuntahan daughter nya :) Nakakatuwang makitang magkakaramay sila sa kakikayan. Ako kasi, only daughter na nga, ayaw pa mag-makeup ng nanay ko. My mom buys cosmetics but she doesn't really use them. Her cosmetics are room decors that look like makeup containers. hehe :) Lipstick lang nilalagay nya talaga.

Here's my desk at the workshop room:




And here's my certificate! :)

My real motive for attending this workshop was the unlimited MAC testers. I haven't had or tried MAC Cosmetics before though I've known MAC as a brand with very good quality products. That's the reason why I wanted to attend CAS workshop and be able to try out for 4 hours the best MAC concealer, foundation, blush, eye shadow and lipstick for me. I'm not a MAC user before because MAC's too expensive. I don't have the resources to buy an all-MAC makeup set yet but I'm glad I was able to buy their NC37 foundation and NW30 concealer today. :)) Yey!!!!

There was one thing I learned during the workshop from Ms. Zeldy of MAC, I learned how to contour, put highlight and blush on the cheeks. She told us that highlight should be placed just above the contour and blush should be applied only on the apples of our cheeks :) Ms. Gayle also taught me the best eye shadow color for corporate look. She applied matte wedge just above my crease. But since MAC's e/s are too expensive, I'll just go for a cheaper yet wonderful alternative, Ellana's multipurpose powder in Beloved for shadowing and Honeybunch for base. :)

HoneybunchBeloved
Ellana's Beloved and Honeybunch MPM
I was satisfied at the end of the day, not because of the result of the workshop but because I was able to buy my own MAC Foundation and Concealer :) Dream come true for me. I hope I'll be able to find cheaper MAC cosmetics elsewhere.

I also liked their Brunette retractable brow liner and Satin Del Rio lipstick. But I have to earn money first before I'll be able to buy them. The brow liner and lipstick costs P900/ each... I can't afford it now. I just had to buy the foundation and concealer for cabin crew screenings. I hope my dream to become a flight attendant come true soon. :)

Here's my look after the workshop:


What I used:
1. NW30 Studio Finish Concealer
2. NC37 Studio Fix Foundation
3. NC30 Studio Fix Compact Powder
4. Highlighter (I forgot the shade name)
5. Contour (I also forgot the name)
6. Blush (light pink shade which name I also forgot)
7. Brunette retractable brow liner
8. Matte Wedge eye pigment
9. Satin Del Rio lipstick
10. NC15/NC20 Concealer pencil (for the lower eye lids)
11. Black Zoom Eye Lash Mascara

The brushes I used are:
Ellana's Powder Brush (from their 5-pc Brush set)
Ellana's Blush Brush (from 5-pc Brush set also)
Charm PRO Eye Shader
Charm PRO Slanted Eye Shader

At Home :)


Your Kikay Morena,

Joanne

3 comments:

  1. Hi fellow Flight Attendant Hopeful! :)
    Same rin tayo ng name! hehehe. Got your link from Cams. I'm also interested sa pagattend ng mga ganitong workshop, would you mind if I ask how much yung Workshop sa Cas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pwede na! :) Oo nga! Sayang! Gusto ko rin talagang umattend ng mga ganyan para matuto akong maglagay ng tamang make up para sa mga applications. Pag ako kasi parang laging mali, yun kasi comment sa akin sa Ceb Pac. haha. Thanks sis! Nagbebenta din ba sila ng Mac Products? I'll follow your blog ha, and lagay ko na rin sa links ko, hope it's okay :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure sis! Thanks! :) Kahit anong brand pa, I'm after kasi yung kung paano iaapply. hehehe. :) Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! :)